This policy describes the data we hold to support the operations of 10dem Education’s online portal, as well as, to support the operations of immersive tours, immersive exchange, and virtual exchanges managed and organized by 10dem team. Such data is provided by 10dem community members which includes 10dem team members, 10dem online portal members, host and guest institution members of immersive tours, immersive exchange tours and virtual exchange including teachers, students, principals, as well as, other third parties contracted by 10dem Education from time to time.
1. What kinds of information do we collect?
Information and content is provided by 10dem community members. We collect the content, communications and other information provided by members when they use our online portal. Additionally, we also collect data as part of documentation for immersive tours and immersive exchanges. This also includes the photographs, reports, and testimonials taken during such tours. Finally, we also collect data as part of virtual exchange projects from participating institutions
2. How do we use this information?
- Fulfill the Purpose
- Marketing and Promotion
- Communicate with you
We use data to meet the primary purpose for its collection. For example, meeting virtual projects’ agreed requirements, organize immersive tours and exchanges, facilitate collaboration on 10dem’s online portal, etc.
We use data such as photographs, videos, and testimonials for our marketing and promotional campaigns. However, we only use the data for which we have sought permission explicitly. If used otherwise, we eliminate everything that could compromise your privacy.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our services and products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
3. How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
- If you a registered member on our online portal, your information is visible to other 10dem’s online portal members. Your activities are also stored on our system which we use to contact you or provide support and helpful recommendations.
- If you are participating in virtual projects, your projects’ related information is available to other collaborating members. To the extent possible, we make sharing of such data as ‘read only’ so collaborating members are not able to save/download your data for their personal use.
- If you are participating in immersive tours and immersive exchanges, relevant data is shared with relevant parties e.g. visa office, ticket agent, accomodation provider, meals providers, host institution, visiting places, etc. as applicable.
- Other people on 10dem’s portal may see signals telling them whether are currently active, or when you last used our service or products.
- Devices and operating systems supporting the online portal and tools we use for our services and products will have access to information you choose to share.
- To the extent possible, we also share information with legal and investigative agencies in response to an authoritative entity.
4. Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our services and products to provide better customer experience and technology upgrades. We don't sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we have on our portal. Some third parties we use include: vendors and service providers, technology development partner, advertisers, researchers and academics, law enforcement or legal requests.
5. What if I want to delete information about me?
- We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and products, or until you request us to delete it or until your account is deleted (for online portal members) - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
- When you delete your online account, to the extent possible, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos, status updates, projects, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. If you don't want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the services and products, you can deactivate your account instead.
- The information we receive about you can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms, codes and policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.